Are you looking for spooky ghost quotes? Then you are in the right place!
Here are 75+ Ghost Sayings for Kids including matching books and activities.
Let’s have a look!
There are affiliate links in this post, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will be compensated if you click through and take action. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Fascinating Ghost Facts
Before we get started with our ghost quotes for kids, let’s learn a little bit about them.
What are Ghosts?
It is said, that a ghost is a soul or spirit of a dead person or animal!
But it has never been proven that ghosts are real!
Believing in ghosts goes back to ancient times. Ghost stories are still popular among kids at sleepovers and campouts.
Ghosts seem to appear in different forms. They might be invisible or look like a dead person.
If you believe in ghosts, cold air or strange lights can be a signal of their presence. Ghost sounds include laughter, crying, and footsteps.
They might shut doors and windows and move around objects.
A ghost who is known for throwing and breaking things is called a “poltergeist”.
The place where ghosts appear is said to be “haunted”.
These and more interesting facts about ghosts can be found here.
Ghost Books for Kids
Here are some great book recommendations on children’s ghost books for you:
Are you interested in more kid’s activities, arts & crafts, and science experiments?
I have made it easy for you! Join our newsletter now and I will send you new fun for kids.
Subscribe for free
75+ Best Ghost Quotes for Kids
Time to get spooky with our kid’s Halloween Ghost Quotes.
Our list includes ghost sayings for kids, best quotes about ghosts, short, cute, and funny ghost phrases and captions, funny ghost puns, and clean ghost jokes for kids.
Let’s have a look and get inspired!
Ghost Sayings for Kids
Here are some of our favorite ghost sayings for kids:
- I have no body to dance with.
- What “ghosts” around comes around.
- All these ghosts, and I still can’t find a boo.
- You are Boo-tiful!
- Excuse me but BOO!
- Too cute to spook!
- Ghost hug, you can’t feel it but it is there!
- Ghosts don’t give a sheet.
- Get your spooky on!
“Ghosting people is my superpower!”Unknown
- That’s some boo sheet!
- You can’t scare me I m a ghost!
- Ghost ahead, make my day!
- Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.
Best Ghost Quotes
Your kids will love the following cute ghost quotes:
- Boo Yah!
- The past is a ghost, the future is a dream, and all we ever have is now!
- The Boo Crew!
- Boo Freaking Hoo
- Ghosts and goblins come to play on October’s final day.
- If you are a ghost, I love to be scared by you all the time! Happy Halloween
- “Ghosts are hiding in the walls: Creeping out when midnight calls…” – Rusty Fischer
- Ghost Time
- Ghouls just wanna have fun.
- Forget the ghosts.. beware of me!
Short Ghost Quotes
Short but sweet. Let’s check out these short ghost quotes:
- “The memory fades, and I’m left hanging on to the ghosts of his words.” – Mari Lu
- “The ghosts you chase you never catch.” – John Malkovich
- “True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- “Our feet are planted in the real world, but we dance with angels and ghosts.” – John Cameron Mitchell
- “I love having my ghosts, and I love having my memories.” – Debbie Reynolds
- “Ghosts are all around us. Look for them, and you will find them.” – Ruskin Bond
- “Now I know what a ghost is. Unfinished business, that’s what.” – Salman Rushdie
- “I like to say I believe in ghosts so I don’t get haunted by one.” – Ella Henderson
- “Ghosts, like ladies, never speak till spoke to.” – Richard Harris Barham
- “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” – Stephen King
Did you enjoy our ghost greetings for kids?
Then go check out our popular Halloween Activities. How about our DIY Halloween Card Ideas, Halloween Party Games, or Halloween Activities next?
Cute Ghost Captions
Time to check out these fun captions of ghosts next:
- Me and my boo 👻.
- With the boo crew.
- Hey, boo-tiful.
- I can see right through you.
- Don’t make me ghost you.
- Hi boo. Bye boo.
- I’m here to lift your spirits.
- This night was un-boo-lievable
- Will you be my boo?
- Feelin’ boo-tiful!
“Have a fa-boo-lous Halloween!”Unknown
- Ghostest with the mostest.
- I’m happy you didn’t ghost me, ’cause now you’re my boo.
- My favorite kind of pie is boo-berry.
- This is boo sheet.
- You’ve been ghosted.
Funny Ghost Puns
Let’s move on to some funny puns about ghosts.
- Ghosts are terrible liars because you can see right through them.
- When the ghost family got in their car the dad told the kids to fasten their sheet-belts.
- The ghost was told off when he spook out of turn.
- The best place for a ghost to go on holiday is The Dead Sea.
- Panda ghosts love to eat bam-boo.
- For dessert, the ghost made a delicious boo-meringue.
- The ghost had to turn her car around because she reached a dead end.
- When the ghost blew his nose, lots of boo-gers came out.
- To know if ghosts think you are a good singer or not, you have to listen for any boos.
- At the Italian restaurant, the ghoul ordered spook-ghetti for his main course.
“When the ghost watched a sad movie he started boo-hooing.”Unknown
- If you see a ghost you should always say ‘how do you boo?’
- When the ghost saw his wife he said ‘you’re not just cute, you’re boo-tiful too!’
- I feel like I have seen that ghost before…I must have deja boo.
- When they want to relax, ghosts have a boo-ble bath.
- Two ghosts were at a disco. One was having a fa-boo-lous time and the other wanted to boo-gie all night long!
- When ghosts visit the seaside, they always get an i-scream.
- Ghosts always love to eat breakfast in the moaning.
- I found out yesterday that the Mexican dish ghosts like the most is a boo-rito.
Ghost Jokes for Kids
You can not miss out on the following clean ghost jokes.
- Why are ghosts terrible liars? Because you can see right through them.
- What do ghosts use to wash their hair? Sham-boo!
- Why do ghosts love elevators? It lifts their spirits.
- What does a ghost eat with meatballs? Spook-etti.
- How does a ghost unlock a door? With a spoo-key.
- Where do baby ghosts spend the day when their parents are at work? Day-scare.
- What day do ghosts love to do their scaring? On Fright-day.
- How do ghosts take their eggs? Terri-fried.
- What did one ghost ask the other? Do you believe in humans?
- What’s a pirate ghost’s favorite kind of tea? Boo-tea.
What do ghosts use to keep their hair in place?Scare-spray!
- How do ghosts cry when they’re sad? Boo-hoo!
- What did the ghost teacher tell the class? Look at the board and I’ll go through it again.
- How do ghosts send letters? Through the ghost office.
- What room does a ghost not need in a house? A living room.
- What’s a ghost’s favorite type of fruit? Boo-berries!
Famous Quotes About Ghosts
Last but not least our famous ghost quotes for you:
- “Surely, she was too young to have so many ghosts.” – Cassandra Clare
- “Ghosts don’t haunt us. That’s not how it works. They’re present among us because we won’t let go of them.” – Sue Grafton
- “Ghosts are never just ghosts; they provide us with an insight into what haunts our culture.” – Andrew Smith.
- “Ghosts are a metaphor for memory and remembrance and metaphorically connect our world to the world we cannot know about.” – Leslie What.
- “When thoroughly reliable people encounter ghosts, their stories are difficult to explain away.” – C. B. Colby.
- “On Halloween, witches come true; Wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park.” – Nicholas Gordon.
- “There is no ghost so difficult to lay as the ghost of an injury.” – Alexander Smith.
- “Following the Romanian tradition, garlic is used in excess to keep the vampires away.” – Calvin Marshall Trillin.
I like to introduce you also to the following Halloween and fall quotes for kids:
- Halloween Quotes for Kids
- Jack-O-Lantern Captions
- Halloween Party Invitation Sayings
- Skeleton Quotes
- Witch Phrases
- Monster Quotes
- Frankenstein Captions
- Bat Sayings
- Candy Corn Puns
- Pumpkin Sayings
- Halloween Sayings for Kids
- Fall Quotes
- Hello October Wishes
- Apple Phrases
- Leaf Quotes for Kids
- Hedgehog Quotes
- Squirrel Captions
- Welcome November
- All Saints Sayings
- All Souls Day Quotes
- Dia de Los Muertos Messages
- Gratitude Quotes
Easy Ghost and Halloween Activities
After you are done with these spooky ghost quotes and sayings, go check out these fun Halloween activities next:
- Ghost Luminaries
- Halloween Ghost Pencil Eraser
- Ghost Gift Bag for Halloween
- DIY Ghost Decoration
- Ghost Art and Crafts
- Frankenstein Crafts
- Monster Crafts
- Friendly Monster Art
- Cursive Name Monster
- Halloween Party Invitations
- Pumpkin Arts and Crafts
- Backyard Pumpkin Patch Ideas
- Pumpkin Printables
- Pumpkin Art Projects
- Candy Corn Printables
- Skeleton Crafts
- Bat Templates
- Mummy Templates
- Scarecrow Projects
- Mummy Ideas
- Free Printable Halloween Bingo
- Spider Art
If you are a visual learner, also go check out this matching DIY ghost card video tutorial for our ghost sayings for kids.
Pin Our Quotes about Ghosts
Don’t forget to save our 75+ Top Ghost Quotes for Kids on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Lil Tigers here.
Now I would like to hear from you!
Which saying about ghosts did you choose? Did you find a better one?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
I love to hear from you!
Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok, and join our Facebook group “Free Kids Activities Arts & Crafts” for more fun DIY Kid’s Activities, Arts & Crafts, and Science Experiments.
Are you a Kids Blogger? Come join our Kids Blogger Support Group here.