Are you looking for inspirational butterfly quotes for kids? Then you are in the right place!
Here are 110 Beautiful Butterfly Sayings for Children including matching books, activities, and free printable butterfly lunch notes.
Let’s have a look!
There are affiliate links in this post, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will be compensated if you click through and take action. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fascinating Butterfly Facts
Before we get started with our butterfly quotes for kids, let’s learn a little bit about them.
- There are nearly 20.000 butterfly species.
- Butterflies have transparent wings.
- Their wings help them against predators.
- Butterflies only live a few weeks.
- Their feed helps them taste.
- The Giant Swallowtail Butterfly is one of the largest butterflies.
These and more facts about butterflies can be found here.
Butterfly Books for Kids
Here are some great recommendations on butterfly books for kids:
Are you interested in more kid’s activities, arts & crafts, and science experiments?
I have made it easy for you! Join our newsletter now and I will send you new fun for kids.
Subscribe for free
110 Best Butterfly Quotes for Kids
After we learned some cool facts about butterflies and discovered new books, it is time for our kids butterfly quotes.
Our list of quotes about butterflies includes fall sayings for kids, short and cute fall quotes, quotes about fall, autumn puns, inspirational fall quotes, and famous sayings about fall.
Let’s have a look and get inspired!
Butterfly Sayings for Kids
Here are some of our favorite butterfly sayings for kids:
- “Soar up high with the beauty and grace of a butterfly.” — Unknown
- “Your wings already exist. Now all you have to do is fly!” — Unknown
- “Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time.” — Deborah Chaskin
- “Butterfly kisses and flower petal wishes.” – Unknown
- “Butterflies are like angel’s kisses sent from heaven.” — Malia Kirk
- “A butterfly always reminds that there is always beauty at the end of all the pain.” – Unknown
- “Open your heart and mind like the wings of a butterfly. See then how high you can fly.” — Zeenat Aman
- “’Just living isn’t enough,’ said the butterfly, ‘one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.’” — Hans Christian Anderson
- “Go on, hitch a ride on the back of a butterfly. There’s no better way to fly.” — Train, “Get To Me”
- “A season of loneliness and isolation is when the caterpillar gets its wings. Remember that next time you feel alone.” – Mandy Hale
“Be like a butterfly and a flower — beautiful and sought after, yet unassuming and gentle.”Jarod Kintz
Positive Butterfly Quotes
Your kids will love the following positive butterfly quotes:
- “Everyone is like a butterfly. They start out ugly and awkward and then morph into beautiful, graceful butterflies that everyone loves.” — Drew Barrymore
- “Don’t be afraid. Change is such a beautiful thing”, said the Butterfly.” — Sabrina Newby
- “Just when the caterpillar thought “I am incapable of moving,” it became a butterfly.” — Annette Thomas
- “Beautiful and graceful, butterflies lift our spirits with their loveliness and lyric flight.” — Gloria B. Schlaepfer
- “Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine.” — Jeffrey Glassberg
- “We can learn a lesson from the butterfly beginning its life crawling along the ground, then spinning a cocoon, patiently waiting until the day it will fly.” — Heather Wolf
- “A butterfly symbolizes acceptance of each new phase in life. To keep faith as everything around you changed.” — Lisa Kleypas
- “The butterfly counts not months but moments, and has time enough.” — Rabindranath Tagore
- “Butterflies, they are like dream flowers, childhood dreams, which have broken loose from their stalks and escaped into the sunshine.” — Unknown
- “A caterpillar, after its deep slumber, ‘wakes up to reality’ to realize, that truth is not always bitter after all!” — Manali Oak
“Someday, I will be a beautiful butterfly, and then everything will be better.”
Short Butterfly Quotes for Kids
Short but sweet are our following butterfly sayings:
- “There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly.” — Buckminster R. Fuller
- “Don’t wait for your wings, fight for them.” — Gayatri Pardeshi
- “Butterflies are self-propelled flowers.” — Robert A. Heinlein
- “Failure is like a caterpillar before it becomes a butterfly.” — Peta Kelly
- “Take time to be a butterfly.” — Gillian Duce
- “I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free.” — Charles Dickens
- “Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar.” — Bradley Miller
- “Butterflies are nature’s angels. They remind us what a gift it is to be alive.” — Robyn Nola
- “I’ve always loved butterflies because they remind us that it’s never too late to transform ourselves.” — Drew Barrymore
- “They seemed to suddenly come upon happiness as if they had surprised a butterfly in a winter wood.” — Edith Wharton
“We are all butterflies. Earth is our chrysalis.”LeeAnn Taylor
Did you enjoy our butterfly greetings for kids?
You also will benefit from our tips on How to Engage Kids in Nature.
Quotes About Butterflies
Next are our quotes with butterflies:
- “The butterfly is a flying flower. The flower is a tethered butterfly.” — Ponce Denis
- “Metamorphosis has always been the greatest symbol of change for poets and artists. Imagine that you could be a caterpillar one moment and a butterfly the next.” — Louie Schwartzberg
- “You’ve gotta be a caterpillar before you are a butterfly. Problem is, most people aren’t willing to be a caterpillar.” — Unknown
- “Butterflies can’t see their wings. They can’t see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that as well.” — Naya Riviera
- “We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever.” — Carl Sagan
- “To catch the butterflies and the rainbows of your dream, walk alone, keep faith in yourself, focus your energy and start your adventure.” — Amit Ray
- “When a caterpillar bursts from its cocoon and discovers it has wings, it does not sit idly, hoping to one day turn back. It flies.” — Kelseyleigh Reber
- “Like a butterfly stuck in a chrysalis, waiting for the perfect moment, I was waiting for the day I could burst forth and fly away and find my home.” — Emme Rollins
- “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” — Maya Angelou
- “Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” — Nathaniel Hawthornele
“A caterpillar who seeks to know himself would never become a butterfly.”André Gide
Funny Butterfly Quotes
Time to check out these fun butterfly quotes for kids:
- “She is like a butterfly; beautiful to look at but hard to catch.” — Nikki Rowe
- “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” – Richard Bach
- “Children are caterpillars and adults are butterflies. No butterfly ever remembers what it felt like being a caterpillar.” — Cornelia Funke
- “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.” — Muhammad Ali
- “I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?” — Zhuangzi
”And when I was angry, when I was younger, I was in a cocoon. Now I’m a beautiful, black butterfly.”Tracy Morgan
Inspirational Butterfly Quotes
Next are our inspiring butterfly quotes for adults and kids:
- “How does one become a butterfly? You have to want to learn to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.” — Trina Paulus
- “When the spirit of nature touches us, our hearts turn into a butterfly!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
- “Adding wings to caterpillars does not create butterflies, it creates awkward and dysfunctional caterpillars. Butterflies are created through transformation.” — Stephanie Marshall
- “You do not just wake up and become the butterfly. Growth is a process.” — Rupi Kaur
- “Nature’s message was always there and for us to see. It was written on the wings of butterflies.” — Kjell B. Sandved
- “Although the butterfly and the caterpillar are completely different, they are one and the same.” — Kendrick Lamar
- “A butterfly is like the soul of a person, it dries out in captivity.” — Marlene Van Niekerk
- “The butterfly does not look back upon its caterpillar self, either fondly or wistfully; it simply flies on.” — Guillermo del Toro
- “Don’t waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come.” — Mario Quintana
- “This magnificent butterfly finds a little heap of dirt and sits still on it; but man will never on his heap of mud keep still.” — Joseph Conrad
“The caterpillar does all the work, but the butterfly gets all the publicity.”George Carlin
Butterfly Quotes for Her
Followed by our butterfly phrases for her:
- “Like a butterfly, her wings unfolded.” — butterflies rising
- “When I was a girl, I would look out my bedroom window at the caterpillars; I envied them so much. No matter what they were before, no matter what happened to them, they could just hide away and turn into these beautiful creatures that could fly away completely untouched.” — Carin
- “She dances with the butterflies and I love to watch her dance.” – Fanpen
- “Spread your wings and prepare to fly for you have become a butterfly. Oh, fly abandonedly into the sun. If you should return to me, we truly were meant to be. So spread your wings and fly, butterfly.” — Mariah Carey
- “You are one decision away from a totally different life.” – Unknown
Butterfly Quotes About Life
What do you think about the following butterfly quotes about life?
- “If nothing ever changed, there would be no such things as butterflies.” — Wendy Mass
- “We are but small butterflies in the garden of life.” — Carston D. Roach
- “The butterfly said to the sun, ‘They can’t stop talking about my transformation. I can only do it once in my lifetime. If only they knew they can do it at any time and in countless ways.’” — Dodinsky
- “Forget the mistakes, remember the lesson.” – Unknown
- “The wings of transformation are born of patience and struggle.” — Janet Dickens
- “Why fit in when you are born to stand out?” – Dr. Seuss
- “A butterfly symbolized acceptance of each new phase in life. To keep faith as everything around you changed.” — Lisa Kleypas
- “In mythology throughout the world, the butterfly represents the soul and its journey in this life and the next.” — Tom Frost
- “As with the butterfly, adversity is necessary to build character in people.” — Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “First think, second dream, third believe, and last dare.” – Unknown
“If you smile when you see a butterfly, you have happiness in your soul.”Diana Cooper
Butterfly Quotes About Love
Don’t miss out on these butterfly love quotes:
- “Love is like a butterfly: It goes where it pleases, and it pleases wherever it goes.” — Unknown
- “Love is like a butterfly, a rare and gentle thing.” — Dolly Parton
- “Happiness is like a butterfly, the more you chase it, the more it will evade you, but if you notice the other things around you, it will gently come and sit on your shoulder.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “How do you spell ‘love’? – Piglet “You don’t spell it you feel it.” — Pooh
- “Butterflies are God’s confetti, thrown upon the Earth in celebration of His love.” — K. D’Angelo
- “Love is like a butterfly, beautiful and delicate… If you truly care for it, you’ll do whatever you can to make it happy, even if that means letting it go.” — Scott Pemberton
- “Wherever you go, my love is with you.” – Unknown
- “When I was just a cute little caterpillar, you loved me. So I became a butterfly so you would never leave.” — Crystal Woods
- “No work is more important than my love for you.”
- “Love is space and time measured by the heart.” – Marcel Proust
See our full list of 130 Best Love Quotes here.
“Butterflies have wings, so they can fly. Fish have gills, so they can swim. Bunnies have four legs, so they can run. I have a heart, so I can love you.”Unknown
Fun Butterfly Captions
Afterward are our funny butterfly captions for kids:
- Flowers аnd butterflies аre соusins in nаture.
- You’re such a beautiful butterfly!
- I’m feeling like а butterfly
- Sрreаd your wings and fly!
- Dreаm enormous, little butterfly.
- I’ll аlwаys be yоur butterfly.
- You’re sо bеаutіful and delicate like a butterfly’s wing”
- I’m simply а butterfly, wаiting tо fly.
- Whаt’s yоur fаvоrite butterfly?
- The wings оf а butterfly саn mаke the wоrld more brilliant аnd mоre beаutiful than it already is.
Funny Butterfly Puns
Last but not least are our fun butterfly puns:
- I’m а butterfly, I fly аwаy.
- In the event that yоu саn’t fly with them, run with them.
- I’m sо рretty thаt yоu саn’t even hаndle it!
- Butterflies travel in-sects.
- I’m similar to а butterfly, I gо where the wind tаkes me.
- Live your best life and let the butterflies be free.
- I’m nоt а bug, I саn’t be crunched!
- I’ve got butterflies in my stomach…That’s the last time I eat a cocoon.
- I’m nоt а butterfly, I just enjоy the соlоr.
- “I’m not a social butterfly. I’m the opposite. I’m like an antisocial moth.“ – Unknown
“Butterflies are not what they used to be.”Unknown
For our visual learners, I made as usual a butterfly quote video again. Check it out here:
I also like to introduce you to the following quotes for kids:
- Bee Quotes
- Ladybug Sayings
- Fireflies Quotes
- Firefly Jokes
- Cute Bunny Quotes
- Tulip Quotes
- Rainbow Phrases
- Earth Quotes
- New Beginning Quotes
- March Quotes
- April Quotes
- May Quotes
- Gardening Quotes
- Godmother Quotes
- Aunt Quotes
- Cinco de Mayo Quotes
- Mother’s Day Wishes
- Valentines Day Messages
- Happy Birthday Quotes
- Good Morning Wishes
- Self-Confidence Quotes
- Quotes for Special Occasions
Easy Spring and Butterfly Activities
After you are done with these adorable butterfly quotes and sayings, go check out some matching activities:
- DIY Butterfly Card
- Butterfly Origami
- Cork Butterfly Craft for Preschoolers
- Flower Pot Template
- Sun Flower Template
- Rainbow Template
- Grow a Rainbow
- Rainbow Science
- DIY Spring Pom Pom Decoration
- Spring Crafts for Kids
- Spring Bingo
- Earth Template
- Earth Bingo
- Pressed Flower Bookmarks
- Nature Art
How to Download Your Free Printable Butterfly Quote PDF
Simply sign up here for our newsletter and you will receive the link to our free printable Butterfly Lunch Notes.
Already a subscriber? Don’t worry, no need to subscribe twice. I just updated our free printable library.
You can find our best butterfly notes printable there or check our latest newsletter for more information.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I m happy to help!
Pin Our Inspirational Butterfly Quotes for Kids
Don’t forget to save our 110 Sayings about Butterflies on Pinterest for later! Be sure you are following along with Lil Tigers here.
Now I would like to hear from you!
Which quotes with butterfly did you choose? Did you find a better one?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
I love to hear from you!
Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok, and join our Facebook group “Free Kids Activities Arts & Crafts” for more fun DIY Kid’s Activities, Arts & Crafts, and Science Experiments.
Are you a Kids Blogger? Join our Kids Blogger Support Group here.